Monday, November 1, 2010

Who is or is not a pro?

I've been sitting here trying wondering what entitles a photographer to label themselves as a "pro"?

Is it the equipment they use? Does the income have to be a certain percentage and/or is it the quality of work they provide? Here is my take...

I don't necessarily think the equipment or income has the justification to label someone as a pro or not. Having nice equipment does help in some circumstances but that depends on what the photographer subject is. When it comes to the income people say there is a certain percentage that should be made before labeling yourself as a pro and I agree with that to a certain extent. Its all about art, the world is too caught up on the technicalities nowadays. I wholeheartedly believe that a photographer that is producing professional work with the income of a full time pro still deserves the recognition and to be labeled as a professional.

I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment