Thursday, December 16, 2010

Benro A-298n6 tripod legs review

A tripod is one of the most important tools for a photographer that usually gets overlooked. Whether you shoot macro, landscapes or anything in between, a tripod is a great investment that will only need to buy once if a quality set of legs are purchased. I will not get into details about tripods in general since this is a review, so here we go:


Benro A-298n6 Tripod Legs Image 3

General

Load Capacity
17.6 lbs (8kg)

Head Attachment Fitting
Dual 3/8” & 1/4”-20

Maximum Height
69.6” (177.0cm)

Maximum Height w/o Column Extended
57.1” (146.5cm)

Minimum Height
7.9” (20.0cm)

Folded Length
22” (56.0cm)

Weight
5.4 lbs (2.5kg)


Legs

Material
Aluminum

Leg Stages/Sections
3/4

Leg Lock Type
Twist locks

Independent Leg Spread
Yes

Spiked/Retractable Feet
Yes

Center Brace
No


Center column

Center Column Type
Sliding

Center Column Sections
1


Benro A-298n6 Tripod Legs Image 1

Benro A-298n6 Tripod Legs Image 2

I had finally realized recently I needed a more sturdy tripod because I was at the beach shooting a sunset and the wind was blowing my cheap Wal-Mart tripod all over the place. After many hours of researching I came across the Benro A-298n6 that had all the features I was looking for and could not be beat for just over $100! I wanted a tripod that would support more that I needed, will I ever need to put 17lbs worth of gear on it? Probably not but the option is there if it comes down to it.

Benro A-298n6 Tripod Legs Image 4

Pros

  • Reasonably priced
  • Sturdy
  • Well built
  • Adjustable for ANY shooting needs
  • and well balanced for defending against muggers!

Cons

Weight but I went ahead with the purchase knowing that so I guess it doesn’t really matter to me; and as I stated as a pro, a mugger will think twice about it after being hit with a 5.4lb “bat”! (not including ballhead)

Benro A-298n6 Tripod Legs Image 5

So am I happy with my purchase? Without a doubt, YES and I would recommend this tripod to anyone that does not mind the weight.

I did just notice this specific model has been discontinued but more than likely there is an upgraded version about to be announced to replace it (check out more Benro tripods here).

Benro A-298n6 Tripod Legs Image 6

No comments:

Post a Comment