Thursday, December 16, 2010

Topaz DeNoise review

A noise reduction software had never really crossed my mind until I was introduced to the Topaz Labs line up. From the reviews and example images I had seen, I figured I would give it a shot… DeNoise along with the other Topaz software I’ve used is well put together with an obvious “ease of use” work flow. I’m using it as a plug-in with Photoshop Elements 6. In the following images I’ll give a brief walk-through of the software with sample images.


Walk-through

Obviously start by opening your images into Photoshop. I chose to use this photo as the subject because I used a highISO in low light conditions…

Topaz DeNoise by Topaz Labs - Image 1

To open DeNoise select, Filter > Topaz Labs > Topaz DeNoise.

Topaz DeNoise by Topaz Labs - Image 2

Once open, you can see that it is very easy to navigate with already-installed presets on the left and the option to fine tune in many different ways. For this tutorial I used the “JPEG HQ” preset.

Topaz DeNoise by Topaz Labs - Image 3

Here is a 200% view of the previous image after the noise reduction.

Topaz DeNoise by Topaz Labs - Image 4

Now I’m gonna show a 200% before and after comparison so you can see for yourselves how much of an improvement has been made with only a few minutes in with DeNoise.

Before…
Topaz DeNoise by Topaz Labs - Image 5

After…
Topaz DeNoise by Topaz Labs - Image 6

All in all I have to say that I am very happy with the Topaz products have used and DeNoise is no different. The easy of use and final results for the price is a huge step forward in post processing software. Would I recommend DeNoise to a friend? Without a doubt, in a heartbeat! If you would like to test it out for yourselves go to www.topazlabs.com and download the free trial.

Thanks for taking the time to read the review and I hope you found it helpful. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment